Abstract submission system closes on Friday, November 3, 2017 at 12:00 noon CST
Abstract submissions must follow the guidelines. Authors will be notified by mid December 2017 of abstract acceptance and presentation form. Please access the abstract submission system and abstract guidelines here. You will need to create an account to access the system.
Wednesday, February 14 OR Thursday, February 15 Kinnear Centre, Banff Centre, Banff, AB
Top scoring abstracts from each subject theme will be selected for oral presentations Thurs Feb 15 and Fri Feb 16. Schedule TBA.
All abstracts must be received by Friday, November 3, 2017 at 12:00 noon CST
Please read the Abstract Guidelines carefully before submitting an abstract.
The top abstracts in each theme will be invited to give an oral presentation during the meeting. Each trainee will have 10 minutes to deliver their presentation, allowing five additional minutes for questions. The presentation should focus on:
- What was the research question and your hypothesis?
- What did you do and what were the results?
- What do you plan to do next?
- What are the implications of this work?
All accepted posters will be posted for viewing at the Wednesday or Thursday evening poster sessions. Presenters are expected to be at their posters during the poster session. The format will be a mix and mingle, question and answer style. Trainee’s posters will be formally adjudicated. Posters must not exceed 54” wide and 36” high.
Abstract Selection Process
- Each criterion of the abstract will be scored on a scale from 0 to 3
Judges will look at the following areas:
- Introduction: Clear rationale, hypothesis and/or objectives
- Methods: complete, concise, linked to results
- Results: report data, statistics
- Conclusions: supported by data presented
- Quality and completeness of research findings
Poster/oral presentation competition
- All trainees and allied health professionals submitting an abstract for a poster or an oral presentation will be eligible for the competition.
- Poster competitors have three minutes at their poster to present their work to at least 1 adjudicator – question, hypothesis, methods, results and conclusion. Adjudicator may then ask questions. Judging criteria are clarity of poster, clarity of presentation, quality and significance of findings, and overall impression.
Notifications and Contact Information
Please check your personal account within the abstract submission system for status updates. All presenters will be personally notified of their acceptance by the middle of December 2017. Please email email@example.com if you do not hear from us by Friday, December 15, 2017. Please be reminded that the Early Bird registration discount is valid until Sunday, January 14, 2018, and you can register via the CNPRM registration website.
All inquiries in regards to the CNPRM 2018 should be made to Tannis Erickson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Themes and theme conveners
Convener: Meghan Azad, Dept. of Pediatrics & Child Health, University of Manitoba
Maternal Fetal Medicine
Convener: Jon Barrett, Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, University of Toronto
Convener: Abhay Lodha, Dept. of Pediatrics, University of Calgary
Co-convener: Jong Rho, Dept. of Pediatrics, Clinical Neurosciences, Physiology & Pharmacology, University of Calgary
Co-Convener: Gregory A. Lodygensky, Department of Paediatrics, Université de Montréal
Neonatal Physiology and Therapeutics
Convener: Pascal Lavoie, Dept. of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia
Convener: Shahirose Premji, Faculty of Nursing, University of Calgary
Convener: KS Joseph, Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, University of British Columbia
Placental & Fetal Physiology
Convener: Venu Jain, Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Alberta
Convener: Serge McGraw, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Université de Montréal